The Federated States of Micronesia Division of Civil Aviation is a branch of the Department of Transportation, Communication & Infrastructure of the government of the F.S.M. and is responsible for the nation's airspace, airports, and airfields.
The mission of the Federated States of Micronesia Division of Civil Aviation is to:
- ESTABLISH & REGULATE the principles and techniques of civil aviation operations within the Federated States of Micronesia
- ENSURE the highest standards of safety, security, and efficiency
- FOSTER the planning and development of air transport and airport infrastructure
- PROMOTE adequate, economical air service in the F.S.M. through close coordination with carriers and appropriate agencies
- COORDINATE activities with other civil aviation agencies
- ASSIST the four states with respect to their aviation needs and activities
It is our vision to realize the strictest standards of safety and security in the field of civil aviation, while simultaneously adhering to the guidelines of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) & Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
At the F.S.M. Division of Civil Aviation, we are proud of the strong system of values by which we operate:
- Safety and security are our greatest priorities.
- We promise to carry out our duties and responsibilities with the highest degree of professionalism.
- We take pride in our integrity, operating according to strict standards of conduct and always speaking the truth to our colleagues and to our customers.
- We promote and foster absolute fairness with regard to the development of air services and infrastructure in the region.
- The empowerment and commitment of our personnel are the backbone of our strength and success.
How We Operate
The FSM Division of Civil Aviation provides safety oversight for all aviation activities. Inspectors for air operations, aircraft maintenance security and airport operations all work at the national level. Accident/incident investigations are also accomplished at the national level. The airports within the FSM are owned by the island/state where they are located. The owning state is responsible for airport operations. Aviation training and commercial aircraft operations are provided by independent operators.
The Federated States of Micronesia Division of Civil Aviation consists of a small team of four individuals, who work closely with the airport managers, aircraft rescue and firefighting crews (ARFF), airport security officers, state port authorities, the offices of customs and immigration, and many other people and organizations that are essential to safe and efficient aviation operations.
|Lukner B. Weilbacher||Secretary of DTC&I|
|Master Halbert||Assistant Secretary & Safety Inspector|
|Marvin Heine||Airport Safety Inspector|
|Glenn Harris||Aviation Security Inspector|
Past, Present & Future Projects
- Pohnpei International Airport Runway Project
- International Airport Improvement Projects (All States)
- FAA Projects at FSM Airports
- New Aircraft Rescue & Fire-Fighting (ARFF) Facilities - Chuuk, Kosrae, Pohnpei & Yap International Airports
- Pohnpei Port Authority Strategic Plan
- Prospective Improvements at Outer Island Airfields